Do you have what it takes to make it on the streets? Living your entire life looked down upon, unseen, and unheard? Did you know that about 3 million people of the U.S population are estimated to be homeless, and for some living a life on the street is their reality?
- Did you know…Many people who are living on the streets are uneducated and can’t read or write.
- Did you know …Many homeless people go to DSS to try to make a change a get off the streets?
- Did you know…Many of those who go to DSS are then sent to homeless shelters, many of which have such horrible conditions people end up leaving after a few nights? In some places there are cases where people die almost every day.
- Did you know …If you are homeless and decide to find a place to stay underground, there are many things that are MUST DOS, such as making sure you have a light on you at all times, waiting for a rainy day to pick a spot to stay in order to check for leaks, always having a way out that is different from the way in, and anything that you may need can be found in the garbage.
- Did you know …When living underground a huge thing to remember is to not leave food lying around because even the smallest amount of food left will attract rats?
- Did you know …Anyone at any time can become homeless?!
Landowne Y. & Horton, A. (2008). Pitch black. El Paso, TX: Cinco Puntos Press.