1.Autism- Autism is a developmental disability. Symptoms of autism usually show up during a child’s first 3 years. Child with autism have a very difficult time communicating with others as well as interacting with other children. They often have speech and language delays. They also tend to react to sounds, sights, tastes, smells, and touch in ways that are different from typical children.
2. Blindness- Blindness is often defined as having less than 20/200 vision in the better eye with correction.
3. Deafness- a hearing impairment that is so severe that a child cannot process what other say through hearing, even when a sound is amplified.
4. Learning disabilities- a neurological disorder. Children with this disability are as smart as other children are, but they learn differently than other children. These children will have trouble with reading, writing, or math.
5. Traumatic Brain Injury- an injury in the brain, usually cause by a very hard hit to the head or violent shaking. This can cause people to act differently, learn differently, have trouble paying attention, understanding or remembering things, have trouble thinking or taking, walk differently, or have difficulty with seeing or hearing
6. Speech Language impairment- problem with communication of with the way the mouth works in order to make sounds. Trouble making sense of what others are saying, trouble using language to communicate, or problems with the use of the mouth for speech.